Saturday 24/09 - On the worm

Just a few of  hours down the valley on Saturday.
Headed to Skelly Flats as I had been waiting on the river to drop to around 0.8-0.9m on the auld SEPA river level gauge unfortunately I only had 1 offer in the couple of hours I was on the river of wich the fish just decided to have a free meal of 3 large lobs !!!

As the river was at a great height after all the heavy rain during the week and then dropping down to a great height this drew out most anglers from their comfy homes (including myself) to try and hook into one of the silver tourists.
After Skelly I took a quick drive upto the Rosebank area but on arrival to park up at Mauldslie Bridge there were a few fly fishers already in the water so decided to take a walk upto the PopNJay area and have a throw. Again the river height looked great here but trying to fish from the bank was a bit of a nightmare due to the high grass etc, you never knew if you were going to go down a hole and crack your ankle !!
(ThePopNJay pool)
ANYWAYS  .... I still have some lobs left so hopefully get out 1 day after work this week.

Tight lines everyone 
Vid @ FishClyde


Comments

Popular posts from this blog